Friday, July 15, 2011

Week 22 6-28-11 - 7-4-11

Hello Everyone,
So I have had a pretty good week to say the least! We made out an appointment everyday this week that was the first time I have done that on my mission so that has been way cool! We have worked really hard and this week we need to turn that into Investigators and we will also be finding more people. President Interviews on thursday were good. President gave a good lesson and so did the Aps and the ZLs. My interview with president was not very long he brought me in asked how I was doing and said I can see your numbers increase and I know your working hard I am really proud of what your doing and don't have anything to complain about! So that was good he said he can see that I am helping Elder Hardman because sometimes after the year mark you can get a little unmotivated and he knows that I am picking up that motivation so that is good. I told him about Elder Sullivan coming in and said something about training he laughed and said well you may be able to spend some time together so that would be way cool if after he is trained maybe we could serve together. We will see what happens. So transfers are half way over thats so crazy! So today for the 4th of July the Thom couple are having us over for some American food I am pretty excited about that. I know she is making sloppy joes and I am not completely sure what else she will be making I guess it will be a surprise! I am so sore on Saturday we helped out a member he is re doing his whole backyard and he had tons of stons and bricks like on the ground that he wanted to take out so we were doing that for like 3 hours straight probably the most manual labor I have done since I have been here than we would just load it all up in a wheel barrow and take it to the big dumpster thing my arms and back are killing me haha but it was good work and than after his wife who is from Hungary made us some dang good home made pizza with this special hungarian flat bread it was way good so there was nothing to complain about! We have had a couple appointments fall through this week so that was kinda crappy but we have a lot of appointments this week and I am sure a few of them will go through. Also this week on thursday we are going up to Hamburg for the Mission Tour which means a member of the Area Presidency will be touring the mission so goes to three different spots and talks to the elders. Elder Causee I dont know if thats is how you spell his name but he is from france and he is in the area presidency he is also in the first quorum of the seventy so that will be cool to hear from him I also get to see some of my friends from the MTC so I am pretty excited about that! So something cool that also happened at president interviews... President has been pretty big with the driving people to the website fishing with the internet and creating our own media refferals so since every person on the street or wherever we are always stares at our nametags he had the idea to get the website engraved on our nametags so more people would drive to the website but the mission office said no to that because the nametags have been the same forever but I guess they may be still thinking it over? Option number 2 was to have something hanging from our nametags with the website on it kinda like at the temple square in Salt Lake the missionaries have something hanging from their name tags. Well the mission office said they are thinking about that one too and that could go global! SO while all this is in the process of going through the mission offices and what not. President said he isnt going to wait around so he went and got patches made that stick to your backpacks and shoulder bags that have the website on them so people will see that. Pres is such a smart guy haha he said so if you see the church website hanging from missionaries badges in latter years you know that started in the Germany Berlin Mission. These patches are way cool they are just the website and you dont have to sew them on or anything they stick and you can take them off and stick them on again so that is way cool! We have been trying to get out more cards I have started a new policy if someone doesnt take the card I just leave it where that person was because who knows someone else could pick it up. I have also been sticking them in the light poles like the cross walk buttons where you press for the signal to come. I asked pres if that was Legal and he said he didnt know but he would find out! But he wanted me to keep doing it untill he found out haha. It was kinda cool so on Friday we got to cook dinner for Shaney and Lucky. Lucky is a member from Nigeria who is about 22 and we meet with him regularly he is way close with the missionaries and Shaney is his roommate who has been an investigator forever but cant quit smoking and his family in India is way against him joining the church. But they asked us to cook something american for them so we made some Hamburgers and a Salad it was pretty dang good! I was proud of my cooking ability! haha. I got a few letters this week one from Gpa Norm one from Gma Sondra and one from Boots but I didn't get yours mom. Or anyone elses and that was pretty dissapointing haha pick it up people! Hahah just kidding but it would be nice if you found some time to drop me a little letter once in a while! Well not much to really say this week we got really close with Gisbert he started breaking down kind of and than he said well I will have to think about this and wait till next week so we know he was feeling the spirit after I tried to lay it down to him in my broken German! Hahah German is hard but I can see that I get better everyday I can hold a pretty good conversation I just need to improve my vocab than I will be a lot better! Well It was a good week but this week will be better! Thanks for all your support and all you do! Love ya tons!! Have a great week!
P.S I am expecting more letters this week!! Hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment