Hello Everyone.
My week has been good for the most part! So first I want to start off with what happened on wednesday so you all know how I had been kinda worried with what to do because we werent seeing a lot of success cause we werent talking to a lot of people cause my comp had been only doing the minimums for quite a while. Well on Wednesday I had an exchange with the zone leader Elder Wagley and we worked really hard we made out two appointments and talked to EVERYONE! I felt really good after and throughout the day we had been talking and he said you remind me a lot of myself when I was young on the mission. You just want to do the right thing. I said yes but I don't want to tell my comp ok this is what we are going to do and create problems cause I am just the Junior companion. And he told me Its your area too tell him you want to have success and this is how you are going to do it. And I made him a promise that I would do my best to make out an appointment everyday for the rest of the transfer and he said if you do that I will give you a tie! SO my comp came back and I had a really hard time getting enough courage to lay it down to him! But I just finally said it I said ok man this is what we are going to do we are going to turn this area around even if it takes staying out a little bit later walkin a little more and talking to more people! I dont think he was the biggest fan at first but than when we would go outside I would just talk with everyone so he had no other choice! Than he finally got involved and we made out an appointment everyday this week! The other night we were walking and he said this is the hardest I have worked since I have been here! So I felt pretty good about that that I was setting a good example even if I am just the Junior Companion. So we have found a few new people and soon when we keep finding people we will have more people to teach so I am trying to get this area going and that takes hard work! But I am glad I learned the lesson from Elder Wagley that if I really want to do it I can do it. We didnt get a chance to meet with the Italian guy this week sadly he works so much he is hard to set a firm appointment with! But we saw him at home one night it was kinda late and we ran the Proclomation to the Family over cause in our first meeting he talked soo much about what his family means to him and how that is most important so we thought that would be good for him to read. As far as Gisbert goes he came to church this week so that was good but he doesnt totally understand the Priesthood and why it is so important and we dont really know how to just say ok well this is how it is! So we will see I guess! This coming week on thursday we have President Interviews I am pretty excited for that to sit down with Pres and talk to him about what is going on! He is such a cool guy! Than the week after we have mission tour from Elder Causee I dont know if that is how you spell his name but he is in the first quorum of the seventy and also in the area presidency so that will be cool to hear from him. I still get frustrated with my comp sometimes but I think I have grown immune to it! Hahah he sometimes doesnt understand the question rules I have laid down so I have to continue to remind him! And that is frustrating sometimes but it is what it is and I guess thats what happens when you pray for patience!! As far as the 4th of July goes it is a P day so maybe we will be able to do something exciting! I dont really know what but maybe Sister Thom can make us some American Sloppy joes or some hamburgers! She is the lady in the senior missionary couple in our ward so she knows how to cook and she is super nice so maybe we can talk her into it! I got my package like thursday or friday Fedex is really fast here Idk why but it was way cool and thank you I really enjoyed it! I needed a new jump rope and the Ensign was way good too because I didnt have one yet so it was good to get it! I am just working hard doing my missionary things! haha I have really stepped my game up and turned it up a notch which is way good cause I know now the Lord will bless us with more people to teach and will be able to trust us with the prepared people he has! Also Sanga has his trial today so that is going to be interesting to see this trial decides if he can stay in Germany or if he has to go back to Africa! We are all praying for him because he has had such a hard life! We went over to his place last night and we read the end of 2nd Nephi 4 with him and that is where Nephi is talking about how he just needs to trust in the Lord and what not. So we read that and the Spirit was way strong than we left with prayer but this time we prayed on our knees he was really grateful for that and I know he really felt the spirit! He is a good guy we will find out today if he can stay or has to go! It will be hard for him because he doesnt have any documents! Because he is a refugee but there are some things in his favor that might enable him to stay here! So keep your fingers crossed for him! Hmm what else went on this week! Oh so I really liked darlenes Idea about sending the food packages that makes things a lot easier! I havent used one yet but I am plannin on using the Alfredo here soon! Thanks for all you guys do for me! Sorry this e mail is so short and boring I guess I dont have that much to say this week! But I promise it will be better and more eventful next week! We meet the craziest people but I dont know how to describe the conversations we have! I guess I can only do that via Letters! So if I get some more letters from people I can tell more stories!! I love you guys and thanks for your prayers I can really feel them helping me out here! I know this Church is true and through the atonement we can really be made clean! The gospel changes lives you see crazy experiences every single day on how someones life is changed through Jesus Christ and his Gospel!! I am grateful I can be here and serve a mission sometimes it gets frustrating and hard but I have learned keep your head up and keep going!! Thanks again and have a great week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment