Thursday, June 30, 2011

WEEK 21 6-14-11 - 6-20-11

Hello!

So this week has been pretty slow to be completely honest but that seems to always be the case with the first and last weeks of the transfer so it should start going by a little faster again! First to answer your question President Interviews are next thursday so the 30th of June than we have a mission tour with one of the seventy from the area seventy in Hamburg on the 7th of July so that will be really cool I am excited for President Interviews and to sit down and talk with President. Maybe I will suggest that I am ready to train?? haha we will see! Secondly I just want to wish all the Dads a happy late fathers day! It was not Fathers day here in Germany yesterday but it was Fathers day in Holland and of course our eating appointment fell through because the people are dutch and were going to Holland for fathers day! So we had to fend for ourselves and since my comp doesnt really cook much (I cook everyday!!) But he does the dishes so that is ok. Well he sometimes does the dishes. But I made a nice meal Gma and Gpa would be proud! I made some chicken (cause thats all we had haha) and I just put a little different spices on it Salt, Pepper, Cyann pepper, a little lemon juice, and some garlic salt. And it turned out really good than I made REAL mashed potatoes and I will have to admit they were pretty close to Sunday dinner at grandmas! I am not quite there yet though haha! And this is the shocker I even made homemade gravy for the first time in my life it was pretty good for a first try! So thats what we had for sunday dinner wasnt bad if I do say so myself! Anyways ya so happy fathers day! This week we got a new investigator she is from Ghana and has lived in Germany for like nine years now or something and we taught her a first lesson and made out another appointment I think she really liked it she seemed to be grasping what we were sayin it was also nice because English is her native tounge so we got to talk to her in English!! We had a couple appointments this week fall through but thats the life of a missionary I guess! This Italian guy I mentioned last week we tried to go by yesterday but he was walking out of his door when we got there but he told us to come back next sunday so we will do that. We want to give him the Proclomation about the Family cause he told us his family is really everything to him so I think he will like that and that would be way cool! We are still in the finding stages we just need to find the prepared people like I said before my comp and his previous comp had gotten into a pattern of just doing the minimum and that doesnt set well with me because there is no way we will find more people if we only talk to 10 people a day. It seems to me that everytime we talk to as many people as we can we always seem to make out an appointment! So we are gonna keep trying and using the Pass along cards to chum some streets and to do some more doors! We have only done one street of doors since I have been here and thats cause I said hey we need to do that street and that is where we found the Italian guy. So I think doors will be a lot more effective for us and finding! A funny story so on Friday we had it planned to go visit Lucky who is one of the guys from africa that is a member I think Lucky is 21 and Sanga is 20 so those are the 2 way cool african guys in our ward anyways so we go to Luckys place and we were planning on leaving him a spiritual thought but right after we prayed Sanga called and said him and some of his friends needed our help haha so we went over to see what was going on and one of their friends Samuel he has a car and he had to work but he let lucky barrow the car well lucky let Jeremiah barrow the car and Jeramiah went to school that morning and left the lights on for 6 hours haha so the battery had died and I guess they had been trying all day to get the car started and its manual so we tried to push start it for like 2 hours and it didnt work haha so we didnt get home till about 10 that night cause we were helping our brothas out with their car haha it was pretty funny! Thats way cool Hunter got a new bike early cause he has been riding so much! Ya I dont think I ever got a present early that kinda sucks too though because than when it comes his birthday he doesnt get anything? are you guys doing a party for him or what? Another funny story so I guess you could say I finally just snapped with the question game this week! But I didnt do it in a rude way. we were doing some street contacting and he said now where and I said lets go this way than when we came to another turn he said now where and I was like ok I am laying it down right now! than I said I hate questions so much and especially repetative questions my sister and mom asked me so many questions it drove me crazy and I said some questions are of course needed but some like what is the plan when he has the same plan I have are not needed! And I said when we are doing street contacting just go where we see people not having to worry about which directiong every single turn just free and easy and than this is where I proved that what I was saying is really legit. I said the less decisions you have to make the faster the time goes by! And he said you know what I have noticed that! Haha so now we are all clear on the questions! SO something else really quick I am going to need a new jump rope because mine already broke twice because I have been using it so much! So thanks for that. I can not believe hunter gets baptized so soon I am excited for him I will be expecting pictures from that! I love getting your guys letters and everything and I would love to hear more from the other family who recieves this e mail through letters. Such as Gma Gpa taysom Kipp and Linda and the boys. Sarah Scotty Holly Jeff Rene the boys and whoever else I am forgetting send me letters folks! It really is so awesome to hear from everyone! The Kansas Family too! Gma Lois has been super steady take her example. (Gma Lois dont worry I will send you a letter back today sorry its been so long!!). Anyways missionary work is fun. Sometimes well a lot of the times it gets frustrating but I know the Lord will send the prepared people my way if I am doing what I am supposed to and talking to EVERYONE like I am supposed to. Man I miss the little kids Easton and Iyrlend but they will be even cuter when I get home! Easton will be so old that will be crazy!! haha But ya so I will wrap it up! We are still finding people thanks for your prayers please continue to pray for me so I can find those golden investigators! I will continue to pray for all of you and I am grateful for all you guys do for me. Love you tons!!

 

Ps. Gpa Chuck Happy B day this last week!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment