Saturday, June 11, 2011

WEEK 19 5-31-11 - 6-6-11

Hallo Von Deutschland!
So first and foremost I havent heard of anyone from the mission getting sick with this e coli outbreak or whatever. Secondly I probably figured that that is the case because not a lot of missionarys eat vegetables! I really like vegetables but they are a little more expensive and hard to prepare fresh ones! We eat a lot of easy to make food actually this last week we made some African stew it was sooo SPICY I about died of course that is because an African made it for us or showed us how to make it!! President actually sent us a text the other day telling us that they found that the cause of the outbreak was from bean sprouts so really we should all be fine and its easy to defeat when you just wash your vegetables and cook your meats all the way through!! So just to let you know my comp and I are both healthy actually just kidding he got a cold about a week ago and has been coughing and sometimes he doesnt cover his mouth and I tell him everytime if I get sick I will punch you square in the face and I kinda started getting a sore throught but it went away no problem! As far as the week goes it has actually been somewhat slow and dissapointing. We had some pretty solid appointments with some people that we had met on the street and they all fell through which was rough on us cause we were really excited about it! We are still teaching Gisbert I just wish he would understand the whole authority thing which I dont think he does. Its kinda like he is just content with where he is and doesnt need to join the church even though he has read the whole book of mormon and started over again!! He told us he knows without a doubt that the book is true but I dont understand why he wont get baptized sometimes I think we are just not straight forward enough! He really likes my companion so we will see what happens If my comp gets transfered at the end of this week! I cant believe its the last week of the transfer I am about 100 percent positive I will stay but I am also  pretty sure he will be going! There is 6 zone leaders that are finishing their missions and one of the APs so thats 7 leadership positions that need to be filled and he has been district leader for 6 transfers now and I guess president had basically told him he will be a ZL this summer I guess we will see haha. Anyways we have a pretty solid appointment tonight with a guy we met a couple weeks ago that will be cool to see how he has progressed he has been on vacation for a week so I am not sure if he has gotten the chance to read out of the Book of mormon this week hopefully so! I am actually in Osnabruck with the elders here for P day we decided to do a district P day and I think we are planning on going to the Zoo. Its way cool because Elder Wilson is in Osnabruck and he went to Snow Canyon so its like I am back at home cause we can talk about things back there haha its cool he is a sweet kid! And we are going on exchanges Elder Wilson is coming to Rheine with me and Elder Hardman is staying with Elder Stoe is Osnabruck. Ya my comp had to go to a training meeting a couple weeks ago but I just went with the elders in Osnabruck for the day and ya he tells me stuff but a lot of it is just stuff I already knew or had heard at zone conference or what not! I can't believe Easton is already 1yrs old thats freaking nuts! Happy Birthday to Dad and Easton! I will be sending a package home soon for Fathers day. For Dad and maybe he can share! Its hard for me to find candy he likes here because they have so much chocolate but I found these things that are delicious that I think he will like so we will see! Thats cool about the Thomas S. Monson book I want to read it as well I guess I have 19 months and I can haha. So nothing really new for me still trying to find some new investigators and its hard cause a lot of contacts have fallen through. Oh I got a new watch! A member in the ward collects watches well her brother does that lives with her he is and older guy he is deaf and what not so that is why he lives with her but he is way way cool. Anyways he found some watches on e bay from hong kong and he showed us one he had purchased and I though it was way cool and it was only a dollar and shipping is like 7 so an 8 euro watch so they ordered one for me!! I am super stoked to get it haha!

Now for the more spiritual part! I have been reading the war chapters in Alma well actually I am just reading through the Book of Mormon and that happens to be where I am at. And I love the war chapters just cause there is so much action going on! I always wonder what can I learn from this cause I don't plan on ever being in a battle with swords and what not! But hey I am in a battle right now! I fight everyday to spread the gospel to people who sometimes dont want anything to do with it thats a battle in itself! I learned something really valuable from Alma chapter 47 the story of Lehonti and Almickiah or however you spell his name! Almickiah wants to become king but first he has to take over the armies so he can become king. Lehonti and his army are on the top of a mountain and Almickiah has this great plan to get them so he sends up a messanger and says Lehonti come down I want to talk to you. Lehonti says no! So he tries that 3 more times and Lehonti wont come down so than Almickiah thinks if I can only get him halfway down. So he sends up his servents again and says hey Lehonti come halfway down and so he says ok! So than Almickiah makes this deal with him that sounds so great as long as Lehonti puts Almickiah second in command! So than Lehonti agrees and what happens Almickiah slowly poisens Lehonti and when Lehonti dies the armies are now all controlled by Almickiah because he is second in command. That is such a crazy story and how many comparisons you really can make with it! With Satan the whole goal was Satan wanted glory! And that is what Almickiah wanted people to follow him. And than that just shows us we have to keep our standards high and not even come down at all! We need to stay on our mountains and not let Satan bring us halfway cause than we are done for! I thought you guys might like my message for the week! I love you all and am so Grateful I have such a great family and friends I pray for you guys and I feel the prayers for me! Thanks for Everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment