Monday, May 30, 2011

WEEK 18 5-24-11 - 5-30-11

Hello!

So this week hs been pretty good kinda just another week in Germany! Sometimes missionary work gets quite repetative! But we found some cool people! On Monday we decided to do some door to door. Our first house we got let in by this younger guy and he said well you cant come in my house cause my wife is sleeping but you can teach me outside! So we taught him outside on the stairs! Super cool guy he works for General Electric so he knows really really good english! He said he has always been interested in religion cause he has a lot of friends who are from a lot of different religions so we taught him a first lesson about the book of mormon and gave him a book of mormon so that was way cool and we made out another appointment with him next week so we will see how that goes! On saturday we did some service for a member family they just moved in to this new house not to long ago and the person who had lived there before was an old guy who didnt do anything with the backyard so there was trees and plants everywhere it looked like a jungle! So we cut down some trees and stuff we worked for a good 4 hours so that was good! Than we came home and got ready and went and did some more doors and we werent having a whole lot of success actually a few people like told us to leave the whole appartment building that was really frustrating. Than we were just like ok lets come back another day haha so we started walking and saw this younger guy so we started talking to him and asked him what he thought the purpose of life is and why we are here! And he said that is a good question! And we explained what we believe and he really liked that! And we said so are you a member of another church and he said no I am on the search for a church!!! So that was super money! So we have an appointment with him on Wednesday we will see how that goes! So this week I think on friday we went to visit Sanga one  of our african friends and after he is like are you guys hungry and we are like ok ya sure so he brings this stuff out. To be honest I was a little skeptical about it haha but its like this chicken in red sauce that you put over rice and it was dang good but super spicey! I really enjoyed it so he is going to show us how to make it today that will be fun! On saturday night we had an eating appointment with Estephania she is a new member and she is from ECUADOR! hahah I thought zach might enjoy that! She is married to a German guy and he is super cool he said that church is just not really his thing right now though but he would make a sweet member! But they made some dang good food! Prob the best eating appointment I have had! They made ribs and potatoes and some rice with this special sauce! It was dang good! She is a super cool lady and like every missionary who has served here thinks she is hot. But I dont know she is not my taste! Plus she is married! Anyways so than yesterday we talked to a few people and we talked to this younger kid prob about 17 and he is catholic but he is really a smart kid like knows there is something more and we made an appointment with him so that will be cool to see where that goes! As far as my comp he is still my comp. I wont know if he goes zone leader untill transfer calls which is not this saturday but next so when I find out I will let you know! I am glad I made robbins day haha thats funny I though it might be nice to send her a little something! I havent heard from taylor lately but mike e mails me every week he comes home the end of July I dont know the exact date! Thats so crazy he is coming home so soon! Thats so crazy abóut brother southwick thats super sad! He was a really nice guy! As far as studying I havent been the best either I need to step my game up. I am kinda just all over the place when it comes to studying. I just finished our heritage kinda about our church and every prophet and what they have all done so that was cool than I read in the BOM sometimes I am in like the middle of Alma so thats good too I just need to stick on one topic each day haha. Thats good you guys are going to go to the temple and stuff that is really a good oppurtunity the closest temple to us here is Frankfurt but we cant go there cause it is out of our mission boundries. You can only go to the temple when you are in the Leipzig zone of the Dresden zone so the far eastern ones that are close to the Freiburg temple! Anyways this week was good I hope to get some new Investigators this coming week I am sure we will we just need to step it up. I guess my comp and his last comp kinda got into the pattern of just talkin to some people but I am trying to change that where we talk to everyone we can so we can make out more appointments which leads to baptism! I am glad to hear all is well there Love you all and hope all is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment