Hello Everyone from Germany.
I'm doing good this week! The mission has just kinda finally become my life and so its fun you have to find ways to make it fun! So first I'll give you the bad news then I'll give you the crazy weekly news ya. So first of all the bad news I wont be able to skype because you can only skype for 30 minutes and I think that is kinda worthless... And ok here is the crazy news Saturday was my first transfer call and transfer calls are super cool its a big conference call and Pres gets on and one of the APs starts with a prayer then he just goes through every city and says who is going where and before he just says how he and his wife and the APs have prayed about every city every companionship and he has received revelation so he makes sure you know that transfers are from the Lord not from him and what he thinks so that's really cool. So now details from transfer calls the other 2 elders in my district came to our apartment cause we were on exchange with them I went to Schwarzenberg for Friday so we came back Saturday morning and had transfer calls. Elder Nethercott the district leader made a dang good breakfast for us so that was cool too. We plugged the phone into our speakers so we could here it and freak out if someone got transferred! So my comp has been here in Annaberg for 3 transfers which is 18 weeks that's pretty long but usually you stay in an area for 2 to 3 transfers. Elder Nethercott has been in Schwarzenberg the same amount of time i've been here in Annaberg so it was basically 100 % that we would both stay and Elder Perry the other elder in Schwarzenberg has been there for 2 now so we thought it would be Elder Carlson my comp for sure to get transferred and maybe Elder Perry. So President was going through every zone and all of a sudden I heard my name!! I got transferred!! I am going to the complete opposite side of Germany haha I went from the Chzeck border to the Netherlands border! I will be in a city called Bad Bentheim well actually the city we live in is called Rheine! I will be serving with Elder Hardman and i've only heard awesome things about him so I am super excited! That's another reason I cant skype becuase Elder Hardman had gotten things set up for us to call there already since it will be my first week there! I leave tomorrow at 9 in the morning on a train and I'll be alone on a train for 7 and a half hours im a little nervous about finding my way and what not but I'll be fine! The whole rest of the district stayed where they were i'm the only one getting transferred so my comp will be here for a total of 6 months!! I felt a little bad for him and he looked like he was going to puke! He is really sad to see me go cause we worked really hard but we had a lot of fun together! Everyone was definitely shocked!
Anyways as for missionary work this week we made out 4 appointments in 2 days which is like unheard of here in Annaberg and only one went through but that is ok because she is now a new investigator she says she wont change from her church but she took the book of mormon and said she would read what we asked her to read and pray about it and then she made out another appointment so that is why she is considered a new investigator it was cool that we finally found someone! That couple the phillipino lady and her husband came to church again and the ward was really accepting and the couple ladies who can speak broken English were talking with her so that is really good hopefully they can get her husband baptized!! Anyways we did a lot of walking and finding this week and we worked our butts off! Its pretty crazy to think I wont be here anymore but I'm excited to go! I am a pretty firm believer in change and I think that change always can help the area and the missionary work!
So a funny story there are these less active member Mike and Katja and we had met with them several times and they would just say ya we are coming to church this week and they wouldn't be there on Sunday so we would call and ask and they always had some sickness or injury or something it was quite ridiculous! So we had made out an appointment to go meet with them and we went over and knocked on the door and they didn't answer so we called and Mike said they were at the hospital so they couldn't meet with us but he never gave the reason why they were at the hospital so we were like ok thats kinda weird. So we were walking down the main street and we see them shopping!! We see them walk into this store and I was like Elder we need to go in there and Elder Carlson was like you have got to be joking they just told us they were at the hospital!! So we walk in this store and Mike sees us and like he didn't know we saw him but he hid as fast as possible and they like literally ran out of the store trying to get away from us haha it was classic then Elder Carlson was just like i'm done with them haha he was pretty ticked about it!!
Anyways that's basically everything for this week! I cant believe that you haven't gotten the package yet that's not good!!! But I did receive your package it came on Thursday though not Tuesday but thanks for the package and the pictures!! I love the pictures of the gates family Easton looks so old!! I hope all is good there and everything is going well!! I am glad you had fun in Disneyland even though everyone was puking that's kinda disgusting haha you Bret and Zach all kinda touched on the puking part! But by the time I get home Bret will forget how much she doesnt like family vacations and she will come with me!! haha Anyways. Love you all thanks for everything Talk to you next week and mom I'll send you the number and time in the personal e mail to you!! Thanks
No comments:
Post a Comment