Tuesday, May 17, 2011

WEEK 16 5-10-11 - 5-16-11

Hello from Germany,
So I have quite a bit to go over this week and I have no idea where to start! I guess I will start with yesterday there was a baptism in Osnabruck which is the other 2 elders in our district its about 45 minutes away so we were able to go there and see it it was really  cool you forget the spirit there is at baptisms until you actually go. So also this last week was my first time driving in Germany it was pretty sweet driving on the autobahn I think I got to about 110 mph or so its crazy but the Germans are good drivers and they follow the rules of right lane is the slow lane and left lane pass so that is good! The branch here is the bomb! quite a few of them about half are dutch from holland and speak awesome english so they really help me with my german cause they speak german as well so we speak in German and if I mess up they can explain in English so thats really good. I am getting more and more comfortable with the language everyday sometimes I am scared to speak it cause I am afraid to mess up I know a lot of words but what gets me is the Grammer which is tough. I actually gave my first talk in church yesterday, A bit nerve racking but good none the less I talked about the Atonement I got quite a few compliments on my german as well haha. The family we ate dinner with last night said I speak better German than the branch president. Who is also a missionary he is an elder couple so he has forgotten a lot of his german that he learned. So we had this pretty solid investigator he had been meeting with the missionarys for about 6 months the only problem with him was that he could basically trace his catholic roots back to the pre earth life! But he reads the book of mormon and I am pretty sure he knows its true. So we met with him on Thursday and the whole goal was set a baptismal date and just throw it down. So our lesson was about baptism and what not. Near the end he said so I have been meeting with the missionaries for about 6 months now and I think you guys are expecting something from me.... My comp said well ya kinda in a way haha. And so he said and I am going to give you an answer right now. SO we were all on the edge of our seat just like come on!! Then he said I am going to stay catholic!! It was like getting kicked between the legs. He just doesnt want to do a 2nd baptism basically but he doesnt understand that when he got baptized the first time his catholic priest didnt have the authority. But we still have faith because he agreed to coming to the baptism yesterday and he was there and he was chatting with some members the whole time so we are going to meet with him again on thursday and see if he felt anything different about this baptism. As far as teaching other people there are a couple people slash contacts that we have that I don't know that we need to go by on and there are a few others that we are teaching so that is cool. Funny thing before I forget so last p day we played ping pong with one of the African kids who is in our ward that we take to church his name is Lucky he is about our age and he is from Nigeria sweetest guy but he totally destroyed us!! I thought I was pretty good at ping pong from my last area when I destroyed everyone but he sure humbled both me and my companion it was sad haha. Ok back to my stories.... So on wednesday we had exchanges and I stayed in Rheine with elder Stoe who is only 2 transfers older than me so that was fun and I made out an appointment with a super cool guy we found on the street he was younger and we asked what he thought the purpose of life was and he said well the family and to have a family and we are like exactly and we have a book that can help you better understand can we make an appointment where we can better introduce it and he said ya of course I have a lot of interest so we went by saturday is when we had our appointment and I guess he lives with his parents so I knock on the door and his mom answers the look on her face was PRICELESS and I said Ist Jens zu Hause and she said nein and I said oh wir haben ein Termin mit Ihm ausgemacht which means oh we made out an appointment with him and her face was astonished it was so funny. But we will call another day to see if we can get a hold of him. I still love it here in Rheine its an awesome city I figured out the population is about 70 thousand plus all the little cities around us... So we have plenty of people to talk to and to find its great. There are actually a few cute girls here as well which is nice haha well yes and no. This week I have a lot going on. Tommorrow we are doing exchanges with the Zone leaders and I am going with Elder Jaden who is my grandfather in the mission which simply means he trained my trainer. So that will be interesting to go with him cause we both served with carlson. Then on wednesday we have Zone Conference in Hannover that will be cool to hear from president man I love that guy. My comp is way sweet we get along really well and he is a really good missionary. You dont have to put Kirche hlt but you still can. I cant believe that at the end of this week the transfer is halfway over!! So nuts I hope I stay another Im sure I will cause I think my comp will go Zone Leader which will be cool! Thats sad about logan man a month or two before I left he messaged me on facebook wondering how I was doing and what was going on in my life and said he was proud of me for going on a mission thats way sad! I can't believe It has been 2 yrs (he is talking about since his accident) sometimes I look back and realize man I really have something to do here and the mission I know is a really important part of that! That experience really changed my life in a way it made me realize how life really is short and we have to do our best everyday cause we never know what is going to happen! And we need to be worthy when the time does come so we can make it back and I know that we can only do that through Jesus Christ! I know before my accident I took lots of things for granted and I wish I wouldnt have but thats what it is its life you live and you learn!! I love you guys and I am so thankful for all the support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment