Monday, May 2, 2011

WEEK 13 4-19-11 - 4-25-11


Halo!
Well Happy late Easter to all of you!! Easter was good here in Germany I was a little nervous thinking that the Easter Bunny would not find us but he found us!! A couple members in the ward gave us some chocolate of course considering we are in Germany and also the eating appointment we had they made us little Easter candy plate things kinda like an Easter basket! So that was good!! Here Easter is a pretty big deal! For most people! The Saturday before is a holiday so everything is closed and also today the Monday after is a holiday and everything is closed then as well!! So it’s pretty crazy but I think that a lot of people here just celebrate it to celebrate it but don’t really understand the whole reason for Easter.
 On Friday the 22nd we went to the Freiberg Temple we are about an hour or so away from the temple it was good it was pretty interesting because the session was in Hungarian but they give us little radio things but ya it was cool to see that there is members all over the world and the distance they have to travel just to go to the temple its really cool! After we came back we had an eating appointment with Brother Löhrmon he’s an older dude he served in ww2 and everything and he loves the missionaries him and his wife are super nice people and they made a dang good meal for us! Also after he asked for a blessing because his back has been really hurting him! So my comp gave him a blessing then we saw him yesterday at church he came and talked to us and told us he had had 2 painless nights cause of our blessing that was really awesome he had like tears in his eyes and so that was cool!
Yesterday at church we were sitting there and not expecting any random people to show up then in the middle of Sunday school the elders quorum pres came in and got my companion and said we have some visitors and so he went out and talked to these people. The lady is a Phillipino and her husband is GermanI guess they met on the internet or something she is already a member and was like a relief society pres in the phillipines and her dad is the patriarch or something so that was kinda cool and she speaks no german but she speaks english and her husband was in some accident I guess and so he's kinda handicapped but more like physically not mentally and he speaks no english only german I still haven't figured out how that marriage works ha they can’t talk to each other I guess its kinda fishy to me but that was cool they found our church on the internet and drove out!
 
As for Transfer Calls they are every six weeks. And so this Saturday will be transfer calls and the next transfer starts on next Tuesday...
 A Dorf is a small little town I don’t really know how to describe it. It’s not big enough to be a city but ya it’s a town... There are a lot of dorfs in my area but we have a hard time getting to them cause the bus system here is pretty bad and we don’t have a car! But this dorf was way cool that we had found last week. It was like in these cliffs I am sending some pictures. And also there was this cool train motel thing haha it was really interesting but really cool. We have a super small district the other 2 elders are in Schwarzenberg which is just about 30 minutes south of us we hang out with them every p day and on Wednesday we have district meetings.
 I am excited to get the package I have been waiting for mail!! I did get a letter from G ma Lois man she is beating everyone with the letter writing maybe you should take lessons from her!! Disneyland sounds fun!! I wish I was there to go but maybe in a few years ya! haha anyways. Ya president has been pretty concerned with our area for quite some time I think because the work is just like stopped and we are working our butts off so we will see if he makes any changes on Saturday when transfer calls are!! We have stake conference in a couple weeks on mother’s day actually it’s kinda hard because transfers are the week before so we don’t know who will be here!! I’m glad you enjoyed Easter it was pretty cool here as well besides the bells at the church by our apartment that usually go off for ten minutes at 6 in the morning went off for an hour because it was Easter other than that it was a great day!! The language is coming I feel like I am starting to understand a little better it’s still hard but I almost feel like I can speak better than I can understand so hmm idk it’s a little weird!! But Ya that’s about it nothing really new just working my butt off still. Oh and you should read 2nd Nephi chapter 9.  I read it the other day in personal study and the week before president gave a lesson at interviews on how Jesus Christ is the way he is not the destination our Heavenly Father is the destination and a lot of times people overlook that because we talk so much about Jesus Christ not always about our Heavenly Father but that is our destination and only through Jesus Christ can we get there! And verse 41 in 2nd Nephi 9 is really good!! That’s my scripture for the week!! Well Love you all hope is well!!
Alles Gute

No comments:

Post a Comment