Monday, August 8, 2011

WEEK 24 7-12-11 - 7-18-11

Hello Everyone!

Man this week has flown by! I can hardly keep up with everything thats going on!! I have been out for 6 months thats so crazy tomorrow I will be burning a tie of mine as tradition! I will record it and send it with my next sd card! July is almost over thats so crazy! SO to clear everything up transfers are this coming week so this Saturday we have our transfer call so next e mail I will let you all know what happened! I am sure I will stay but I guess you never really know! As far as the week goes. On Monday we had a pretty good P Day we got to play american football with Lucky and Sanga and 2 other younger kids it was probably the most ridiculous game of 2 touch football I have ever played because nobody knew what they were doing! Of course my team won haha! We were also able to make some food for them that was fun too. On Tuesday we had a pretty long day we did a lot of finding and didnt find much of anything haha but it was ok. We were on our way to our eating appointment but my comp had to go to the bathroom so we stopped by the church and I hopped out of the car and this older guy on his bike came up and started talking to me and asked if we had anything to do with the church haha and I was thinking of saying no we have nothing to do with this church we just dress up like this and have a key to the church! But we said yes we are missionaries and started talking to him taught him a first lesson. He was pretty crazy though and believes in reincarnation and that the animals on the bottom of the sea that we dont know about will reign when the humans die off so that was interesting. And he kept asking us what was so important about the last 3 days we had no idea what he was saying but than he said the name of your church says of the last days and he just figured it was the last 3 days! We have had quite a few people ask us about that! He also told us that Jesus didnt do that many special things. He told us that he took upon himself like 2000 souls or something cause he was the last member of is soul family?? He was nuts! But we gave him a book of mormon and challenged him to read it. We also invited him to church so that was good. On Wednesday we had a pretty good day. We went by on Lucky and gave him a lesson and his roommate shaney was there as well and we were able to read second nephi 31 its a great chapter about the gospel of Jesus Christ! Than after he gave us a referral and we went and contacted him that same day and got a first lesson set another appointment and a new investigator! So that was way cool! Than on Thursday we got another new investigator! So the work is picking up it just takes a lot of work! The lady who is our other new investigator meets with the Zeugen Jehovas as well So in english the Jehovas witness. But I think she has a different view on life than the Jehovas witnesses she is a way cool lady so that was good I think when she reads the book of mormon she will be able to become converted! Thats basically the weekly run down of the new people we found and what not. I gave a talk yesterday in church about Faith. I think it went pretty well. I got a couple compliments but I dont know if thats cause it was good or if thats cause I am a missionary! I usually hate talking in front of a group of people but it went really well and I think my German was pretty good as well! A couple of crazy things have happened this week as well! We were going by on a contact to see if we could make out an appointment with him but he wasnt home so we started walking the other way and there was three younger kids sitting on this bench 2 black kids and one Turk and they were probably 12 14 age group and they looked at us and we said high to them and kept walking than we hear this can of some liquid hit the top of the bus stop we were right next to! And some of it got in my mouth! I dont exactly know what the liquid was but could have been beer if so I have now tried beer! But I wasnt very happy about it and we went back and my comp was like what was that and the Turk was like it was a can! And we were like ya no crap and than my comp said did you throw it and he said ya and oh man he was the stupidest little kid! But whatever we just kept walking haha its funny how stupid people can be and its sad at the same time! We just said hi to them but because we are walkin around wearing white shirts and ties we get crap thrown at us haha classic! Its going to be interesting to see how transfers turn out cause if I stay here I may have to drive the car that will be interesting! My comp suggested that I suggest to pres that I would like a german comp to help with my German cause he says thats the best way to learn! I will probably after next transfer if I dont get a German comp! To prepare me to train and what not! But I know Pres knows what he is doing so ya! So thats about it for my week! Thanks for all you guys do for me! Thanks for the prayers they really help me everyday! I love you all! Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment