Hello Everyone!!
So this week was pretty good we had a lot going on with transfers and everything!! I guess I will start off with the news on transfers.. So we decided to do transfer calls with Lucky because he wanted to see how it works so we were walking from our apartment to the car at about 9 30 the transfer call started at 10. So we were at the cross walk and the phone rings I look at Elder Hardman who has the phone and say oh great its Lucky bailing on us huh? He than gave me a face of shock and said its President!! So he answered and President told him he likes to call all the new zone leaders before transfer calls so they arent so surprised and said that he had seen the INCREASE in work the last transfer and would like to ask Elder Hardman to be ZL in Hannover so he's a gonner! I will stay for at least another 5 weeks cause this transfer is a week shorter due to timing with the elders coming from the mtc! My new comp is coming from Meißen which is on the other side of the country kinda by where I was before in Annaberg. He has been District Leader there for a while so I think he is a good missionary! I have met him once my first transfer at president interviews he seems nice but I can tell you we are different! haha but those seem to be the people I get along with best! I am excited his name is Elder Ririe he comes in tommorrow at 2 o clock and Elder Hardman leaves at 9 so I will be hanging out with the Thom couple I am pretty excited cause they are such awesome people! And they have an eating appointment with my favorite members! The Weels! So that will be way cool. I chuckled a little bit when Elder Hardman told me that Pres said he had seen the numbers increase and that he had been workin harder the last couple weeks! Ever since my exchange with the Zone Leader we have gotten an appointment everyday and achieved what is called 21 ballards every week so thats been pretty cool! I am excited to stay another I know there is alot of work here to do! Thats the news for transfers!!
So other news. Seriously a miracle happened to us yesterday it was the coolest thing ever! The coolest thing that has happened to me on my mission thus far! So we were at the church and this guy walks in and Elder Hardman talks to him for a bit cause I was playing with the kids before church! Haha but anyways nobody knew who this guy was it was way crazy so we asked why he was there and he said he didn't know why he was there! And we were like hmm that doesnt make a lot of sense! So he stayed for both hours of church and after we got his information and stuff and said ya we will give you a call this week! He said ok thats great. So he left and about 10 minutes later his car pulls back into the church parking lot. Elder Hardman looks at me and says well he must have forgot something! So he walks in and we were like hey your back and he said ya I was on my way back and I realized I still didn't know why I was here today and I want to figure that out can we go talk!! It was so cool so we went upstairs and he really opened up to us and told him he hadn't been to any church for 5 years. When he was younger he went with his parents to the Salvation army than something happened with his family so he had to go to foster parents and his foster father was a protestant preacher so he went to church all the time. He said he had done some bad things and chose not to believe in God and Jesus Christ. He also studied Theology in the University. He has been married before and has 4 kids he is now divorced and I think that may have something to do with it! Than he told us how he ended up at our church which is even a cooler story! He said he was on his way to Dusseldorf for a fashion show because some of his clients were there and he needed to meet with them. But before he could go he had to go to his office which is in Rheine where we live he had to go to his office to get his invitation and also directions off the internet he said he got this feeling that he needed to go to church and he said he hadnt felt that in many years and he didnt like it so he called some friends and asked them to pray for him that this feeling or the spirit! Would go away but it never did so he was just planning on going down to dusseldorf he left his office and got to the train station and realized he forgot the invitation! So he had to run back to his office and when he was there he noticed he had an e mail from a friend in Peru who is a member of OUR church so he is like thats where I need to be and googled the church and ended up at ours cause it was closest to Rheine. Man it was so crazy and he than continued to tell us the last 6 to 7 months crazy things had happened that he couldnt explain. He said he was on a train with a colleague of his and the train was full and a random guy walked up to him and said I got a strong feeling I need to tell you God Loves You. And the same thing happened when he was sitting on a bench in Amsterdam a lady came up to him and said the same thing! So crazy we tried to explain the spirit and he said ya I know thats what the feeling was I am just scared cause I dont think I am worthy to go to church cause I have done bad things and we explained a little about that. He said he knows God has a plan for him but he scared to go back and fallow that plan cause he has chosen a different direction in his life! We than gave him a Book of Mormon and commited him to read it and he said he had tried to buy one before but couldnt find out where to buy it we said well thats cause its FREE! SO he will read it and we asked if we could pray and he said he doesnt pray cause he doesnt want to ask for forgiveness if he cant forgive himself! The talks in sacrament were about forgiveness that day! So we both bore testimony about how he was supposed to be there and how God lead him back to where he is supposed to be! We set another appointment oh man it was the coolest thing ever! That was the highlight of my week!! Nothing really else went on we found some other cool people. We got a few refferals from Lucky he is like the only one who gives us referals and they are all black guys his friends haha so its interesting the think of us more as friends but love talking about Jesus Christ its fun!! Anyways the week was good! I hope you all had a great week and have a great week this week! Happy Birthday HUNTER Du Bist Der Chef! Thats all for this week. Happy Birthday Mom! Have a great week! Love you all
No comments:
Post a Comment