Monday, April 11, 2011

WEEK 11 4-5-11 - 4-11-11



Hallo! From Germany!
This week has been good! Hard none the less but its been good. Wednesday we had tausch which in German means switch so the district leader came here with me in Annaberg and Elder Carlson went to Schwarzenberg that was fun to just be with someone else for a day... Then this coming week actually tomorrow Tuesday we have a tausch with the Zone Leaders in Dresden and Dresden is quite a big city to I will get to go to Dresden with one of the ZLs that will be fun to experience a big city! Then on Wednesday we have interviews with president thats kinda like a whole day thing they have lessons and stuff going on and activities while he's giving interviews its like everyone in our zone the Dresden zone if you look at the mission map you can see.

Here is my sad story for the week. So Saturday was just not our day we had three appointments but they all fell through so we just did finding all day and that is seriously the worst you don't feel like your accomplishing anything! So we walked a few miles to a little dworf and started doing doors there and nobody was listening to us we had been outside all day we were both super beat it was not fun! It had been quite a few hours with nothing to do but doors and finding people when I was like man this sucks!! This is definately not fun for me! and right as I said that I felt something hit my head I was like great now someone threw something at me out of the window I turned around and Elder Carlson was like dude a bird just pooped on your head!! It was so sick it got all over my pants and everything!! So I knew that I probably shouldn't complain anymore God was trying to tell me something I guess it kinda made us laugh just at the timing that it happened!

I am halfway through a transfer here and all depending on if my comp gets transfered or not will tell how long I will be here but probably tops 3 transfers which if that happens then I guess there is something I need to learn here! We had an appointment with Enrico one of our investigators this last friday and he is Evangalish which is Protestant in German a lot of people are Protestant becuase the city like keeps the churches and everything there are some big huge lutheran churches here. Anyways he has a friend at work who is in the ward great guy Bruder König and they are pretty good friends anyways before I came Enrico had started meeting with the missionarys here and it was more cause he has depression and just wanted to talk to someone but he said he didnt want to change his religion! But ya he had gone to church once with the missionaries and he smokes and drinks coffee and the talk in church that he heard was about how our bodys are temples and stuff and he really liked that and he has wanted to quit smoking for a long time now! anyways so we met with him and we were talking about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon which is kinda hard cause we meet with him in a park! Elder Carlson was like ya we know we can know what is true through prayer and stuff then he was like ya I know that your church is true and we were both super shocked but it was way cool! We invited him to get baptized but he's a little hesitant we dont think he is quite ready but the guys gonna get baptized he explained what he felt and it was definitely the Holy Ghost it was cool! We are getting him on the stop smoking workshop and everything so we will see how it goes!

We haven't had a lot of work this week so its been rough but it works I think we might start english class one day a week and that might give us some leads with some people. Oh another funny story so earlier last week like Tuesday we had been out of the apartment for like 10 minutes and we were walking and some guy yelled out of the window and called us a bad word hah then he threw something like a rock or something I don't know what it was and we turned around and he flipped us off! so we just laughed and kept walking and no later than 30 seconds a car came around the corner and this guy stuck his hand out of the sun roof and flipped us off it was a record I think it was kinda funny!!

Anyways Sunday was really good it was definitely needed! Although we had to watch the Sunday afternoon conference session in german a guy had the talks printed in english cause he is trying to learn english so then after he used them I just read the talks! After we met with the bishop such a sweet guy doesn't ever have a lot of time because he works in Freiberg and works late so we have never really met with him but he's a really nice guy such a classy dude. The ward is just super awesome they all know I don't know a lot of german but they are super nice people! and all of them have like 3 callings! Then after we met with the bishop we had an awesome lunch it was fast Sunday so that was needed as well! Schnitzel and Potatoes it was good but not as good as Grandmas!! But dad you definitely would have loved it! Then we met with a less active lady and her kids her mom is in the ward and we meet with them both once a week and we played with the kids we played a board game that was fun and threw a frisbee around for a while then we had another member lesson which was cool. I definitely needed yesterday cause Saturday was rough!

That's funny about Jeff he seems to always bring the rain and cold!! Its been pretty windy here but its been good. Still rough but I'm doing good! Its all about attitude! And any family can e mail me but I cant guarantee an e mail back! I will try though!  thanks for everything and all the support and prayers I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment