So this week has been pretty much the same as every other week here in Prenzlau haha. But what is different is that transfer calls were this week and a total surprise happened!! My comp is being transferred to Leer he is going to serve with my buddy Elder Sullivan haha and Elder Sullivans trainer is coming here. I know Elder Sullivans trainer pretty good cause he trained my mtc comp Elder Gibson as well and whats funny is that Elder Gibson is in our district so its a total father son reunion haha we are all pretty excited cause Elder Larson (my new comp) is way cool! He is really funny. So I am sure we are going to have a good time together! And he is a hard worker as well so I am excited it seemed like 1000 pounds were lifted off my back it was pretty crazy. I mean I like Elder Breuer but we were in a situation here where nothing was moving forward cause we werent working so how could we see miracles if we are not working and when that happens something has to change to spark up the work! So I am excited it was seriously an answer to my prayers after 6 weeks of just skimming by I am ready to go full force!! It will be great! My german has increased a lot and thats what I wanted so I guess I win either way! I have noticed that God answers all of our prayers even if we don't like the process in which it is being answered we look back and we see that it was answered! I have also noticed that if he doesn't answer right away you just need to keep bugging him and pushing untill you get an answer because I think he tests us sometimes to see if our desires are really righteous and if we really want the things we ask for and how far we are willing to go to get the things we are asking for! So before you pray think about what you really want and if it is a righteous desire don't let go of it and make sure you keep praying!! My testimony of prayer has grown so much this transfer! Thats another thing I am really grateful for! I guess every thing has a reason!! I am pretty sure my new comp will be the 2nd counsler in the branch presidency but I dont know. I sure hope its not me!! haha but we will see. As far as the week went we didnt have so much success. We only made out three appointments but we had tons of member lessons and we even had a service project so that was good!! The branch president the one who is a senator here in Germany is always gone but his wife pretty much always comes when she can! Man that Lady is seriously so awesome she has 4 kids and they are all younger than 8 yrs old with the youngest being about 1 or so. She brings them to church every week without her husband and she brings us food and we eat at the church after the meetings are over!! Yesterday she said she didnt want to cook on Saturday night so she woke up at 3 am to cook us Schnitzel potatoes and vegtables man it was so delicious!! Its members like that, that really strengthen your testimony and help you keep going!! The kids are great too!! They seem to like me quite a bit!! The 3 yr old his name is Linos and he is a pretty wild kid. And he never says goodbye to you when you leave he just walks away and his mom said that he doesnt even say it to his dad when his dad leaves. And yesterday I finally got him to say goodbye to me!! I was way excited about that haha he didnt say goodbye cause thats english but he said Tschüss which is german haha it was awesome I was pretty proud of myself to say the least!! But the kids are always climbing on me and stuff so its pretty fun!! I still havent got my packages. But I will be going to berlin on the 25th of November for a meeting so I will be able to get them all then!! Thats next friday so thats not too bad! A day after Thanksgiving! Man I am going to miss thanksgiving at home!! But it will be good here in the misison field!! I can't believe that November is already halfway over!! That just blows my mind! The mission just seems to go by faster and faster and now that I am almost at my year mark its going to fly!! I remember my first couple of transfers were sooo slow and drawn out but now it doesnt even seem like I can keep up with how fast time is going!! I feel pretty comfortable with my German and that makes it go by even faster cause I am not stressing about German everyday hahah so thats also good!! One bad thing about the transfer is that Elder Ramage the zone leader here got transferred man we became really close this transfer he also had a German companion and we went on exchange and decided the reason it is so hard with them is because they have grown up in a total different world!! But he is going to Leipzig and I am gonna miss him he likes sports and so he is like the only one here that I can talk sports with!! Also he played Football at Dixie before his mission haha so who knows I could have seen him! He is way cool though. And the new zone leader coming in is the guy from my last area he was my zone leader over there and he is SOO WIERD!! We shall see haha but I am excited for a new transfer a new start and I hope everything goes really well!! The senior couple here is going to feed us tonight because Elder Breuer is leaving they are making Roast!! Which I havent had in forever!! And Klüse which is some type of potatoes!! Its really delicious its hard to explain look it up on the internet its a german thing they are like potatoe dumpling balls!! Prob my favorite german food!! So I am pretty excited about that!! Other than that not a whole lot new! I am sure next week my e mail will be better! Probably see some miracles!! Well thats all for this week!! Thanks for all you do!! Thanks for the prayers!! I feel them everyday!! I love you all!!
Ps. Schöne Woche Noch!!
--
Elder Christian J. Voran
No comments:
Post a Comment