Friday, January 13, 2012

12-18-11

Hello Everyone!!
Wow what a week haha a lot of new news going on with me! So I will start off with my Birthday. On Saturday my comp made me breakfast in bed haha I was already out of bed of course but he made me get back in before he gave me the breakfast so that was nice of him. Than we had gotten invited to a seventh day adventist church and their church started at 9:30 so we went there and it was really wierd they have 2 hours and than we had our phone on silent so we didn't know if anyone had called so between the church hours I looked at the phone and noticed we had a missed call from President and also a text from President so I was thinking maybe he was taking our car away cause that has been talked about in the past that we don't need a car or whatever. And the text just said when you have time give me a call. So we waited untill after the second hour of church and I went out and called him back he answered and said. Elder Voran surprises happen all the time before Christmas and thats what has happened here you will be going down to LEIPZIG to serve with Elder Wilson and you will be leaving this coming Tuesday so a week before transfers. So I have been transferred or otherwise known as blitzed cause I am being transfered before the normal transfer. I am so excited Leipzig is a huge city of 500,000 people I will be living in a 4 elder apartment with the Zone Leaders down there. And I will be serving with Elder Wilson who I went to high school with and he was also in one of my earlier districts he is an awesome guy. I was totally surprised but I guess that was a great birthday present for me! It is just so crazy that pres is moving us around right before christmas but I guess the other guy who was in Leipzig has foot problems and needs a ctiy with a car. Leipzig has 2 wards down there with 300 active members I am so pumped! It will be a little bit different than here in Prenzlau. My comp was pretty sad and I was kinda too. Elder Larson and I get along very well so I guess that happens my 2 favorite comps i have only been with for a short amount of time. My trainer I was only with for 1 transfer and now Elder Larson for 5 weeks but I will go wherever I am supposed to go I guess. Man I am still shocked!! I don't even know what to think! Another thing. Elder Wilson and I are basically white washing that area the Leipzig 2 elders program. White washing means that none of the original elders stayed and 2 new ones come in. So there was another Blitz last week and that is when Elder Wilson got blitzed to Leipzig now I am coming in a week later so he has only been there for a week and probably doesnt even know the area its going to be a lot of fun I think! So my birthday was really good after our day of work we were invited over to the Senior Couples house. They made us homemade pizza man it was soo good! I ate so much I about exploaded and we were also able to watch 17 Miracles thats such a good movie about the pioneers man it was really great! So my birthday was really fantastic. Oh and it was basically birthday and christmas combined because I opened my christmas present only because I didn't want to pack all my wrapped gifts when I leave tommorrow morning. So Sorry G ma Sondra I know you wanted me to wait untill Christmas but the situation was pretty hard! I will re wrap the presents and open them on christmas!! Other than that we have had a pretty good week here probably taught the most lessons I have had since I have been here in Prenzlau. I am happy to say that I can leave the area better than when I found it so that is really good. We werent able to get 7 new appointments this week but we got 6 so that was good. We worked pretty hard and are seeing some of the benefits of our labors. I am way excited to go to a big city a little bit nervous as well. And considering here in Prenzlau they don't even have an appointment on Christmas day I am sure they do in Leipzig. I am excited we will see what happens. President said it doesnt make a whole lot of sense but its what the Lord wants so hahah I guess thats what we will do. The only thing that sucks about it is now I don't know what time I will be able to skype and what I will be able to do! I am sure I will still be able to skype but its kinda unclear when so just plan on the time I told you. And I will see what I can do. I called President this morning and he gave me permisison to e mail in the middle of the week when I get everything figured out to let you know the details with skype and everything. So it might be good mom if you could send me by wednesday or Thursday your skype information and your name on skype and stuff and I will do the same!! Other than that not a whole lot new here in Germany. I am excited for the change and I know its what is supposed to happen I was suprised but its time for me to move on and I am happy about where I am going!! Thanks for everything and have a great week!! Love you all!

--
Elder Christian J. Voran

No comments:

Post a Comment