Friday, January 13, 2012

8-14-11

Hello Everyone!

Where to start this week! Man my life has changed dramatically this week haha well not really but kind of! So I guess I will start off with zone conference, Zone conference was really great it is always great to hear from president and to see all your mission friends! I ran into Elder Sullivan haha he is in my zone in the city of Leer so that is pretty cool I will see him at every zone conference as long as I stay in this zone but we will see I dont know if I will be in the zone for long we shall see. As far as Peter goes man he is so freaking cool!! We met with him on Thursday and he has still been reading in the book of mormon and loves it and he really knows he needs to join the church he took us to dinner again and after he was like I have this hobby that I didnt know was a hobby and I dont know what it is called in english its when you look for your father and than his father and than his father and he was like whats that called and we said GENIOLOGIE and he said ya that I am already back to 1500 or something! He would make a perfect member haha it was so cool!! But than after that was the bad news of the week. President text us and said when you get a minute give me a call so I was driving at the time so Elder Ririe gave him a call...before I tell you what happened I will tell you the situation so there is 4 elders in our district us and the Osnabruck elders and last week Elder Brinkerhoff in Osnabruck hurt his foot and couldnt really walk well. So president asked elder Ririe what he thought if Elder Brinkerhoff went to Rheine with him and if I came to Osnabruck with Elder Bossart and Elder Ririe said well we still walk quite a bit here and President was really stern and said you need to do this for me! He said it may be a week it may be more so I am now in Osnabruck and I dont know how long I will be here it kinda sucks cause I am living out of my suitcases! I guess they found out last night that Elder Brinkerhoffs foot is broken in 3 places and has to be on crutches for 6 months so basically he either has to go home or has to go to the office! He really hurt our area in Bad Bentheim when I left they werent able to get any lessons cause he cant move!! It wasnt the happiest thing this week but thats how life goes sometimes! And sometimes I want to get frustrated about it but the song always comes to my mind I will go where you want me to go. Thats the life of a missionary. I really worked hard in Rheine and that place was really turned around so I guess I left it better than I got it! We had a mid transfer transfer cause some elders are going home to get to school! And the big news of that was that my trainer Elder Carlson is now a ZONE LEADER in Kiel I was way happy for him he is such a good missionary and will make an awesome zone leader! So Elder Bossart who I am with for now is one transfer older than me so we were in the mtc together for 3 weeks and thats kind of hard  cause our german is about the same so I cant really learn much german from him which is what I need right now. But I am sure President will get everything figured out. I dont have much to write about because I havent taught hardly any lessons this week cause Osnabruck is dead! Elder Brinkerhoff really screwed up this area too so we have been doing tons of finding trying to get it back up! We will see what happens though!! Thanks for all you do! Hope you all have a great week! Love ya tons!

Ps. If you have sent mail and it has gotten there in the last week I havent recieved it yet cause I am not in Rheine so sorry if a letter doesnt come back asap I will get it soon though!!



-- Elder Christian J. Voran


No comments:

Post a Comment