Friday, January 13, 2012

12-11-11

Hello Everyone!
This week might be kinda short!! I am in Berlin right now for p day and we are here with the Eberswalde Elders from our district so we are going to hit up the Christmas market and everything I am way excited. We had a pretty good week in Prenzlau. We were able to reach the standard again of 7 new appointments!! I seriously don't know if that has ever been done in Prenzlau before! But it was great we were really blessed!! Its all about little miracles every day and when we can notice those miracles and thank Heavenly Father for them than he will be more willing to give us more!! So it has been great! We met a guy from Africa last week his name is Kennedy and he was super solid!! So interested and everything we had an appointment with him and it was really great he was excited to get the book of mormon than we made out a return appointment. And we met him at the Ausslander Heim which is like a big complex of all these refuges from different countries and so we went back to our return appointment and a girl answered the door she was probably 20 or so also from africa and we asked for Kennedy and she said he wasn't there than we asked when he would be back and she said he didn't live there but he lived in HAMBURG and he was just visiting his girlfriend in Prenzlau haha so that was a bummer! But we talked to the girl who answered the door and she was way interested as well and so we have an appointment with her next week! I have noticed God works in mysterious ways its crazy! We had a pretty dang good week as far as teaching goes. The most lessons I have got since I have been here in Prenzlau. We were a little bit short on Member lessons this week but mostly because its really hard to get member lessons here!! There are so few members that its almost impossible. We had 10 people at church yesterday 4 were missionaries haha so kinda dissapointing. Elder Larson gave a talk it was only supposed to be 15 minutes but they only had 2 speakers lined up and the first one only took about 5 minutes so he had about 30 minutes to go haha and he couldnt quite wing an extra 15 minutes but he did a good job took about 20 or so! It's crazy how different the church is over here! I am reading a book I don't know what its called in English but its Thomas S. Monsons journal entries from when he was working here in East Germany and some of the people mentioned in that book are in our branch! Its crazy one of the biggest German Pioneers came from Prenzlau!! Walter Krause! And his kids are still in our branch. You guys should all look for that book and read it! Also a book called In Harms Way by a prefessor from byu has the story of Sister Mcclellen the senior misisonary couple it has the story of her family and stuff so I want to read that book as well! I never realized how much church history was here in Germany its really great to a part of that! Tommorrow we have Zone Conference so I will be getting my packages I am excited about that! We should have a pretty good week this week as well!! Well thanks for everything and have a great week!! Love you all!!

--
Elder Christian J. Voran


No comments:

Post a Comment