Friday, January 13, 2012

12-25-11

Hey Everyone!!
So this week has been pretty crazy coming into a new area starting from the bottom haha. So the Elders that were here before my comp and I didnt do a whole lot so we did finding all week and it was the hardest thing ever haha. Actually it was a lot of fun but it was just physically demanding and we had to work hard to see the blessings from the work we did! We made out over 15 appointments it was so crazy!! It was so cool though to see how the ZLs helped us out too!! It is really a cool thing to have so many missionaries in one city cause we can all work together and find a lot more people!! Christmas was really great!! So on Christmas eve its called Holy NIght nere! But we were at an awesome families house and they really treated us to a great time!! They had presents for us and everything seriously like a christmas at home! It was so great to come in new and fit right in!! I love it here! But it was really great to realize that Christmas isnt about what you get but its about what you give and not even that you give something expensive or whatever but that you give part of yourself to Christ to help his work go forward! And I have thought about that a little. All the Elders in my apartment had a conversation about this. The wise men gave something and travelled a long way to see Christ and what they gave wasnt cheap but was really of worth they literally made a sacrafice. I am sure they would have been ok and would have been good men without giving this gift to the Lord but they made the sacrafice for the love of the Savior. We thought about that and really came to a conclusion that we can all do that in our lives. Make a sacrafice to the Lord just because we love him and are grateful for what he has done for us. I think when we really understand what the Savior did for us the more grateful we will be. I think we can all do something more. We can all take one more step to come closer to Jesus Christ and to show our gratitude for what he has done for us. and I dont mean just ya I go to church every week I keep the commandments and pay my tithing but take time to think about what we can do to do something more to help someone to show our gratitude for what we have. We saw miracles here on Christmas!! So on Christmas eve we had a hard time making out appointments cause not so many people want to talk to you and they want to be with there families and everything but we were able to get an appointment. So we were kinda dreading Christmas day thinking it would be impossible!! We only had about 1 hour to do any sort of finding after church and after our eating appointment before our evening appointment. So we were all together the 4 Elders and before we left the car we prayed that before we got to the Institute center we could both make out an appointment. You have to understand the institute center is only about a 5 minute walk from where the car was parked so we left the car and talked to everyone we saw we made out 4 APPOINTMENTS in the matter of 20 minutes it was the coolest thing ever seriously a testimony builder that when we are obedient and doing the right things and working hard to do our best we will get blessed!! Living with the Zone Leaders for the last week has really helped me realize how many more blessings we get for being EXACTLY obedient of course I am an obedient missionary but there are so many little things that you dont even think about that you could do a little bit better it has really been great!! I am so excited to work here its going to be a heck of a time and I am loving it!! I am glad you all had a great Christmas!! I want to say thanks for all the support and all the prayers!! They help me everyday to get through the day and to help me work harder!! Love you all a lot!! have a great week!!



--
Elder Christian J. Voran


No comments:

Post a Comment