Hello Everyone!
We had a pretty good week this week. Oh first I need to start out with transfer calls news!! So here it is!! I am staying here for five more weeks! With Elder Ririe. I was really surprised I thought for sure I was gone cause I have been here for quite a while this will be 4 transfers here! I guess President likes what we are doing here. We could have 3 baptisms within this transfer which is really exciting! Hard work pays off. This week was good we were able to teach 20 lessons again. We found a new investigator her name is Grace she is from Kenya a refferal from Sanga and she is way cool! She just had a baby 4 weeks ago she speaks perfect english and german and swahili or whatever her african language. She is married to a German who teaches in Holland. She is 24yrs old and has been in Germany for about 2 yrs she is way cool and was way interested and understood everything we told her. She totally understood and was really interested she is a really religious person and wants to come to our church but her baby is still really young but she will come in a few weeks. We have another appointment with her this week she is way awesome! We also came back in contact with a couple former investigators they are both younger guys but are both way cool and still interested in our message which is awesome so we have appointments with them this week as well. We were able to meet with Peter 3 times this week and he is making progress. He is way awesome. We had an awesome experience on Thursday. We were talking with Peter and he had some concerns about some things. Because he studied theology he knows tons about the Bible he is way smart haha and Elder Ririe and I are just like ok ya we have no idea about anything like that. But there is a scripture in Daniel that says the Anti Christ will change the days and months or something and in the year 386 the general foundation of the Christian church changed the sabbath and created hollidays and whatever else. And he said I dont understand why since you have so much more than all these other churches like the Book of Mormon Doctrine and Covenants and a Living prophet why are the days and hollidays still based on what happened in 386. Elder Ririe and I were stunned we had never answered a question like that before. So we just kinda sat there and thought for a while and had nothing to say back. Than as clear as day a thought came into my head and the spirit totally took me over it was one of the coolest experiences I have had on my mission and I just started talking and I had no Idea what I was saying it was just coming out and I was loud and stern it was way cool. I said well I cant tell you why but I can say that it doesnt matter right now and that we know when Jesus Christ Returns he will organize things how he wants it to be organized but we as human beings are not ready to make all of those changes and be perfect yet thats why we are growing here and than I went off about the law of conscecration and how we are not there yet but we will be someday than I bore testimony that he will never be happier unless he gets baptized and that baptism is the only way and than I went silent after about 3 minutes of talking and everything was silent and he looked at me and said you know your right! I was way pumped haha but than he said I sitll need to think about this baptism thing and than he asked us to teach him everything that goes on at baptism so the whole process and everything so he is SOO close he will get baptized soon I know he will! Anyways thats really the cool story for this week. We have had a pretty good week and are ready to start a new transfer!! We are going to work really hard and increase our teaching pool even more than it is! There are plenty of people here that need the gospel so we are going to find them!! Other than that nothing really new this week still working hard still doing the Lords work!! Actually I gave a talk yesterday in Sacrament about Repentance it went pretty well. I was scared because the Stake President was there haha but he was way cool. He is the brother of Erich Kopishke of the Seventy so he is way cool!! Other than that nothing new! The Gospel is true and the Book of Mormon is the corner stone of our religion its such a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and what he did for us! Thanks for all you do!! I love you all!! Have a great week! And keep the letters coming now that I will be here for 5 more weeks!!
--
Elder Christian J. Voran
No comments:
Post a Comment