Hello Everyone!
Well my week has been pretty good!! We worked hard this week and were able to reach the standard of 7 new appointments this week. We actually made out about 10 or so but only 7 count so thats ok. So this next week will be even better cause we will have people to teach. We found a couple of way cool people and we have been doing a lot of area book stuff so old contacts and they are still interested so its good!! Zoran our investigator got deported back to Serbia hhaha kind of a bummer but what can you do!! I thought the Germans let everyone stay here but I guess not! But we found some really solid people. Steffanie didnt make it to church that was a bummer as well but maybe one day she will come! What can you do. Our job is to invite not to force so its been good. I was in Berlin on Friday for President interviews and that was really good. President gave his lesson about something we are starting in the mission. called the Advent of Miracles. In German Der Advent der Wunder. And this is an awesome program that president has set up he really recieved revalation to do this. So the goal is to fill the church and he has given us a certain list of things we should do each week. So this first week is about finding and we are supposed to do our best to find people and every day invite someone to church. Next week is about teaching and we are supposed to continue to invite people to church. And than baptizing and than keeping. It would take me forever to explain it all. But there are 4 Advents here and every advent you light a candle and each advent has a meaning. The first advent was yesterday and that is the advent of Hope. Than next week will be the advent of Peace than the Advent of Joy than Of Love and than you get ot christmas and that is when you light all candles plus the Christ Candle they all have deeper meanings but you can look that up on the mission blog. Anyways we are convinced that with the help of the members here we will see tons of miracles and we are really excited. We are going to do a mission wide fast next week on the 4th of December you are all invited to participate as well. We have returned missionaries praying for us every night and especially for areas they have served in. We are saying a kneeling prayer together as a companionship every day before we leave asking for miracles. And we are writing all the miracles down! Its going to be a great time! I love this time of the year we are going to see so many miracles! Here in Prenzlau we have already seen some small miracles. We were in Schwedt on Tuesday that is our big city and it has so many doors just huge ddr apartments! I need to take a picture so you guys can understand what i am talking about! Anyways and we were dong doors and just getting owned nobody wanted to listen to us it was pretty rough! Anyways we were able to make out an appointment with this lady doing doors she didnt seem to interested but she had visitors at the time so said come back next week. SO we got done it was only 6 pm so we said ok we could do some more doors and than we both felt that we should do some street contacting in the city so in the city square. And the first guy I talked to was waiting for a bus and he just opened right up to us and was so solid and told us his whole life story it was awesome and we just taught a bit about what we beleived and it was good than he said i am really interested in hearing more. So we set an appointment for tommorrow its going to be great he is really solid. His name is Rheinhardt! I am glad you all had a happy thanksgiving my thanksgiving was good haha a little chinease food! But today we are getting a real thanksgiving with pumpkin pie and everything so I am really excited about that! I crappy thing that happened this week! I was on exchange on wednesday its the first time I have left Prenzlau since being transferred here and that night my comp and the other Zoneleader got in the NEWSPAPER here in Prenzlau I was so ticked when I came back!! But its ok haha. THey talked to a reporter on the street and they were on the front page just a tiny little article... It was pretty cool! Other than that not a whole lot new with me!! Thanks for everything!! Have a great holliday season and remember why we celebrate Christmas!! Love you all!!
-- Elder Christian J. Voran
No comments:
Post a Comment