Friday, January 13, 2012

9-25-11

Hello Everyone!

I will give a little run down of my week this e mail may be a little bit short cause I cant think of a whole lot to say! First of all yesterday was great Peter recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost and right after church we had to drive to Osnabruck for Florians baptism! And that went really well his dad was able to baptize him and the whole family was there which is way cool cause his mom hasnt really been to church since she was baptized back in May. I think Florian is really going to be a spark for that family to get back to church and to live how they are supposed to. He is a great kid I have some pictures I will attach they are kinda funny cause Florian didnt smile in any of them which is funny cause he is ALWAYS smiling and laughing haha. Elder Ririe gave a talk we actually had a double baptism cause the Elders in Osnabruck had a baptism as well we are just dunking everyone down here in our district its great!! I guess Florian really likes us so thats good. He liked the presents you sent mom! He loves like colored pencils and pens and stuff so it was perfect for him haha. It was kinda funny we were sitting in church it was about 10 minutes before church started and Peter text us and said he would be late and we are like oh great he needs to be here to get the gift of the Holy Ghost and what not so we told Elder Thom and he said we would do it after sacrament so right before Sacrament he walks in and so he sat there than after Elder Thom got back up and said now we are going to give Peter the gift of the holy ghost and we looked at him to come up to the front and he was like what?? haha he had no idea what was going on we had told him he would be getting the gift of the holy ghost but I am not sure if he understood that it would be in front of the whole branch and since he is kinda shy he was a little nervous I guess! He also had his Priesthood interview yesterday so he should be getting the Aaronic priesthood the week after conference! On friday we went up to Hamburg for President Interviews that was pretty good kinda short but I think President just likes to get through all the missioaries haha and he talks to the ones who have problems longer so that was good! We did some street contacting in Bad Bentheim on Wednesday and the third guy we talked to was from Venezuela it was probably the easiest appointment we have ever made out in our whole missions!! Hahah But it was this younger guy his name was george and he was way cool! We set the appointment for Saturday but he wasnt home when we went by. But last night we were at the Blankens for dinner and we were telling brother Blanken about this guy because Bro. Blanken served his mission in Venezeula so he speaks spanish than he is like ok after we are done eating we will go over there and see if he is home! So after we were done eating he went and got dressed and we drove over to Georges house. And we clingled so a clingle is kinda like a door bell but they have clingle boxes where you can talk to the person from inside. So anyways this Lady answered the clingle and she is like who is there and so Bro. Blanken started speakin in spanish and she came out and was way excited to hear about the church and the book of mormon and everything and we had a joint teach right there it was perfect! Than she said she will definately come to church after conference and she said I am moving right now and she didnt know the address but she knew the directions so she gave the directions to us and we found her new house and she ended up being Georges mother so we could have 2 new venezualens here soon which is way cool!! This transfer is almost over! So transfer calls are coming this coming Saturday! I am pretty sure I will be going but I dont know where I am kinda thinking I will stay kinda close I will either go to the Hannover Zone or Hamburg Zone we will see though maybe I will go back to the east! That would be interesting! My dream is to serve in Berlin though so maybe I will do that soon. This transfer is big. Since it will be my 6th I will either be going senior comp or maybe I have 1 more as junior we will see. This next transfer I will be as old as my trainer was when he trained me thats so crazy!! Everything is good here In Rheine we are just working trying to survive untill next transfer haha! I havent given any talks in Church recently but I am always involved some way or another either saying a prayer or doing the sacrament or both! I dont think Peters family knows a whole lot about him getting baptized! And we still meet with him but we didnt too much last week because we were busy or he was busy. But we still have to teach him all the lessons again plus the 5th lesson so we will see! I am way excited for Conference we will be in Osnabruck cause we dont have a satelite recepter at our church! So we will go there on Saturday cause the first session isnt till 6 at night here than we will just stay the night and watch them all on Sunday than we will prob have P day in Osnabruck as well Idk how well that will work if I need to pack and have to leave early Tuesday morning! But we will see! I will let you know what happens next week!! Sounds like everything is good at home!! Love you all have a great week!!
Elder Christian J. Voran


No comments:

Post a Comment