Friday, January 13, 2012

11-20-11

Hello Everyone!!
So first things first! My new comp Elder Larson is a joke of a missionary and I cant stand him!! Haha Just kidding he is prob one of my favorite comps so far we have a lot of fun together and we work really hard so that is good! ITs cool cause he only has 2 transfers left but he wants to finish strong so that is good for him! We have a lot of fun finding people and just cracking jokes. He is from Mesa Arizona. Sadly he is not a big sports guy but he knows some things about sports and his uncle plays in the NFL haha so now I have hook ups! We have already seen quite a bit of success together! His first day here we made out 3 new appointments in 1 hour before our lunch break man we were on fire and the first guy we talked to his name is Zoran and he is now an Investigator we had a good appointment with him on friday and he is from serbia so his german isnt perfect but nonetheless he understood us enough and we understood him and at the end of the lesson he is like where do I sign up? Haha so we prob could have set a baptismal date but we think he needs to kow a bit more first. We set another appointment for saturday but he didnt show and didnt come to church on Sunday but we have his address so hopefully we can get into contact with him again! Its crazy we get shut down a lot here and people don't want a whole lot to do with us but we always seem to find the diamond in the coal! If we just stay diligent and talk to everyone that we see than we are bound to find someone! The other day we were doing Street contacting before lunch and we had about 2 hours of street contacting. (which gets really old). And we talked to everyone that we could see and nobody listened than there was this cute girl she is young prob 20 21 and I was like ok I will talk to her. (which is sometimes hard when the girls are cute) And so I did and her name is Stefanie and she had a lot of interest and will be coming to church this next week!! Which will be awesome cause since next week is the first Advent we are starting something in our branch where all the talks are focused around Christ so that will be great for her to hear! We have been doing tons of door to door here and just get owned but its ok haha cause we have a good time. The other day we were in the big city Schwedt and we were doing doors all they have are ddr apartments so huge complexes with tons of apartments in them and we decided to split up and I would klingle one house while my comp klingles the other and if we got let in than we would hollar at the other. So these houses have little speaker boxes by the klingle(doorbell) so they can talk to us from their apartment. Anyways so we were doing that and I got let in to an apartment and I tried to call for my comp but he was busy talking to someone over the speak box. So I went up by myself and started talking to this Russian lady. ( there is a lot of russians or polish people) cause the city is right on the border of Poland. Anyways and she was saying how she didnt need any other books about Jesus and she had them all and I said well you dont have them all cause you dont have the book of mormon and I could hardly understand her cause she was russian. And I had a good chat with her probably about 5 or 7 minutes than the neighbors from the floor underneath come out and start yelling at me telling me to get out of the apartment so my talk with the Russian lady was done anyways so I went down and this one lady man she was like evil! She had some serious fire red hair! And she was like get out of here and I said why haha and she said how did you get in here and I told her the lady upstairs let me in and she said all this crap with religion is not allowed here and I said Doch which means yes it is. And she was getting mad and I tried to explain to her that I had permission from the Government to do what I was doing and she cant kick me out of the house unless she was the owner of the apartment complex! But than I just left anyways cause I was a bit ticked off at the time haha so I walked out. It was a rough 3 hour door to door session but we felt good after cause we were diligent and everything! Other than that not a whole lot new this last week. We made out lots of new appointments and came back into contact with a golden investigator that had lost contact for 6 months or so!! She is from Argentina and totally loves the church she was taught by the elders in Argentina and than a little bit here in Germany too. Her name is Mariela. I dont know her yet I have only talked to her on the phone she is way excited to meet us. She had a baptismal date at one point in time. Her only prob is that she is so busy with work so its hard for her to find time to meet with us but we will meet with her soon I am sure! So for thanksgiving my comp and I will be treating ourselves to a little chinease buffet haha and than we will have a more legit thanksgiving next monday with the senior couple. Since we are in Berlin this friday Sister Mcclellen doesnt want to stress about thanksgiving the day before so we are going to do it next monday. I am excited!! Well I hope you all have a great thanksgiving!! Remember what we should really be thankful for!! Have a great week!! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment