Friday, January 13, 2012

9-18-11

Hello Everyone!

Wow what a week and what a day yesterday was amazing!! I guess thats what the whole mission is about! So yesterday was Peters baptism it was so cool he passed his baptismal interview on Wednesday and I wasnt here we were on exchange cause the Zone Leader had to do the interview anyways and I guess they were talkin to him about how the baptism would be in Osnabruck which is the city about 45 minutes away and they have a baptismal font and we dont so that is where we do our baptisms as well. Anyways Peter said why do we have to go to Osnabruck I dont want everyone to have to go there we can just find a lake or something? So I came back to Rheine on Thursday and Elder Ririe told me what had gone on and so we looked at our maps and looked at all the big bodies of water on the map and did some investigating the second one we went to was called Quendorfer See so the call Lakes Sees here anyways we went there and it was such a nice place a lake kinda tucked away in the trees and we decided to do it there since it was only 10 minutes away from the church and everything. So it was nice cause we could have the service at the church and drive 10 minutes to the lake and do the baptism! Anyways so we got that all figured out and got the program set and all the everything prepared and what not it was really great a lot of work but it was good. Than come Sunday we get to church around 10 and our meetings start and Peter isnt there and I was kinda freaking out like uhh what the heck are we going to do if he doesnt show up cause people had brought food and stuff for after. So we get a text that said he missed his train but he will still be coming. I guess he left his white clothes at home so he had walked to the train station which is 10 minutes away from his house than forgot his stuff so he had to go back home and get his stuff than come back again anyways so than he didnt show up for quite a while but he finally came which was kinda a relief haha to say the least! So than our meetings finished and we wanted to start his baptismal program so I went to the bathroom to get changed into my whites and everything and I guess Peter was getting kinda nervous and saying I hope its the right decision and all this stuff than Elder Ririe was talkin to him and he's like ya and I dont know where Elder Voran went and was just getting a little nervous haha anyways I came out and he went in to get changed and than we started the program. The program was really great actually Sister Weel so the relief society president gave an awesome talk about baptism it really invited the spirit and we also had Brother Feith another member give a talk about the Holy Ghost! Than we were off to the lake for the baptism. Now I have to add something here the whole last couple days the weather has been really bad! Rain and wind and clouds and it was like that on sunday too. So we get to the lake and its not raining or anything which was nice but it was still cloudy! And so we were all ready I walked into the water and it was COLD as crap but it was ok because I only had to walk in waist deep! Anyways than Peter walks in and he was freezing!! Hahah it was funny I was telling him this is what you asked for haha but than he got out there and right when I put my arm up to do the baptism the clouds broke and the sun came out it was probably the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life! So than we did the baptism it went really smoothly I did it in German and I didnt mess up and he went all the way under it was just great!! So than we had to change out of our wet clothes somewhere but since its germany there are no public restrooms so we just changed in the trees haha it was quite the experience Elder Thom and Bruder Blanken who is the 2nd counsler in the branch presidency held up a towel for us to change behind it went really well we had a good turn out. Than we all got back into our cars to go back to the church to finish the Service and it started RAINING it was so crazy we got so blessed it was awesome! Than we had a good lunch and everything went really well! So Elder Hardman and his comp came back for the baptism since Elder Hardman was here when we met Peter so that was cool I forgot how much I liked him he is a cool guy! Anyways so we hung out with them and we made steaks for lunch and everything it was really a cool day! Than we went to the Thoms to take them brownies because I made brownies for the baptism but all the kids ate them before Elder Thom could have any and he was sad about that but we had a whole pan left so we took it over to them and we were just talkin about the great baptism and Sister Thom comes in and says we should play a game! So we played 2 games of Yahtzee it was really fun I got crushed both times there was so many Yahtzees rolled it was ridiculous Elder Ririe had never played and he won both games the second game he rolled 3 Yahtzees so crazy anyways so that was a lot of fun! But other than that we had 4 investigators to church which was awesome and we are now preparing for Florians baptism this coming week which is going to be way cool we are really excited for it he is ready and he wants it so bad so we are really ready and excited!! I was really blessed to be able to do the baptism and especially in a lake its really the coolest thing ever I have some really good pictures I will send! Well other than that nothing really new!! Thanks for everything and all the prayers! They help me every day!! I love you all very much!! And Have a great week!!

Elder Christian J. Voran






No comments:

Post a Comment